You’re so close to a well-earned Thanksgiving holiday break! But trying to keep kids engaged as they inch ever closer to the holidays can be a Herculean task! This Thanksgiving STEM activity is just what you need to help you cross the finish line. Corn Cultivator is naturally enjoyable and engaging for kids, chock full of academic rigor (when done properly/with intent), and will help you channel your students’ holiday fever energy for good. Win, win!
This fall STEM activity challenge works any time, but was originally created as part 4 of the Thanksgiving STEM activity series. These five STEM activities help your kids think about the challenges the Pilgrims and Wampanoag people faced in their daily lives.
– Mini Mayflower / Mini Mishoon (Get to where you’re going)
– Protect the People (Build a shelter)
– Pumpkin Picker (Gather available food)
– Corn Cultivator (Set up sustainable food source)
– Turkey Transporter (Once all major needs are met, there’s time for fun!)